eWPTThe eWPTv1 designation stands for eLearnSecurity Web application Penetration Tester and it's the only practical certification available on the market for the assessment of web application penetration testing skills. By passing the challenging exam and obtaining the eWPTv1 certificate, a penetration tester can prove their skills in the fastest growing area of application security.
Here are some of the ways eLearnSecurity Web application Penetration Tester certification is different from conventional certification:
- Instead of putting you through a series of multiple-choice questions, you are expected to perform an actual penetration test on a corporate network. This penetration test is modeled after a real-world scenario.
- Not only do you have to try different methodologies to conduct a thorough penetration test, you will also be asked to write a complete report as part of your evaluation. These are the same kinds of reports that will make you a valuable asset in the corporate sector.
- Only individuals who provide proof of their findings in addition to writing a commercial-grade penetration testing report that correctly identifies the weaknesses in this "engagement" are awarded the eWPTv1 Certification.
By obtaining the eWPTv1, your skills in the following areas will be assessed and certified:
- Penetration testing processes and methodologies
- Web application analysis and inspection
- OSINT and Information gathering techniques
- Vulnerability Assessment of Web Applications
- OWASP TOP 10 2013 / OWASP Testing guide
- Manual exploitation of XSS, SQLi, Web services, HTML5, LFI/RFI
- Exploit Development for Web environments
- Advanced Reporting skills and Remediation
The candidate will be provided with a real world engagement within the renowned Hera Lab: the virtual labs in VPN powered by cutting edge virtualization technology where thousands penetration testers worldwide already practice different kinds of penetration testing techniques against real targets.
Once valid credentials have been provided for the certification platform, the candidate will be able to perform the tests from the comfort of their home or office.
An Internet connection and VPN software is necessary to carry out the exam
eLearnSecurity's eWPTv1 is the only certification for Web application Penetration testers that evaluates your abilities at attacking your target and providing thorough professional documentation and recommendation.