eCREThe eCRE designation stands for eLearnSecurity Certified Reverse Engineer. eCRE is the Certificate issued by eLearnSecurity to the reverse engineers who will provide proof of their hands-on skills through a comprehensive and 100% practical exam.
Here are some of the ways eLearnSecurity Certified Reverse Engineer certification is different from conventional certification:
- Ensures that the candidate has a strong understanding of theoretical aspects behind reverse engineering through a challenging muliple choice pre-exam.
- Ensures that the candidate can perform a thorough reverse engineering in practice through a 100% practical exam
- Only individuals who provide 84% score in the pre-test and perform a thorough reverse engineering in practice are awarded the eCRE Certification.
By obtaining the eCRE, your skills in the following areas will be assessed and certified:
- Understanding of the basics of IA-32 CPU architecture
- Understanding of the basics of stack operations
- Understanding of Windows API's
- Understanding of the PE format
- Reverse engineering of Windows based applications
- Analysis of complex algorithms
- Understanding of Anti-obfuscation techniques
- Analysis of obfuscated code
The exam is divided in two steps: a theoretical assessment through a multiple choice test and a pratical assessment
Both tests can be taken online, on-demand.
eLearnSecurity's eCRE is the only certification for reverse engineering that evaluates your practical abilities through a real world engegament.