eCPPTv2The eCPPT designation stands for eLearnSecurity Certified Professional Penetration Tester. eCPPT is a 100% practical and highly respected Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Professional certification counting certified professional in all the five continents
Here are some of the ways eLearnSecurity Certified Professional Penetration Tester (v2) certification is different from conventional certification:
- Instead of putting you through a series of multiple-choice questions, you are expected to perform an actual penetration test on a corporate network. This penetration test is modeled after a real-world scenario.
- Not only do you have to try different methodologies to conduct a thorough penetration test, you will also be asked to write a complete report as part of your evaluation. These are the same kinds of reports that will make you a valuable asset in the corporate sector.
- Only individuals who provide proof of their findings in addition to writing a commercial-grade penetration testing report that correctly identifies the weaknesses in this "engagement" are awarded the eCPPT Certification.
By obtaining the eCPPT, your skills in the following areas will be assessed and certified:
- Penetration testing processes and methodologies, against Windows and Linux targets
- Vulnerability Assessment of Networks
- Vulnerability Assessment of Web Applications
- Advanced Exploitation with Metasploit
- Performing Attacks in Pivoting
- Web application Manual exploitation
- Information Gathering and Reconnaissance
- Scanning and Profiling the target
- Privilege escalation and Persistence
- Exploit Development
- Advanced Reporting skills and Remediation
The candidate will be provided with a real world engagement within the renowned Hera Lab: the virtual labs in VPN powered by cutting edge virtualization technology where thousands penetration testers worldwide already practice different kinds of penetration testing techniques against real targets. Once valid credentials have been provided for the certification platform, the candidate will be able to perform the tests from the comfort of their home or office. An Internet connection and VPN software is necessary to carry out the exam.
eLearnSecurity's eCPPTv2 is the only certification for Penetration testers that evaluates your abilities at attacking your target and providing thorough professional documentation and recommendation.